The thyroid is an endocrine grand which is situated above the collar bone in the throat/neck area. It is in the shape of a butterfly and its job is to regulate the body’s circulation of calcium levels together with the parathyroid gland and also it regulates the metabolism.
Many people do not think that this organ is very important until it creates some kind of problem. The production of thyroids hormone can become unbalances and this can affect negatively the body’s health.
The thyroid belongs to the endocrine system. The endocrine system’s job is to deliver the needed hormones to particular tissues and organs in the body and to do that it has a special delivery system. Essential oils use the exact delivery system and thus can be very helpful. There have been some cases in which some essential oil have been of significant importance and have supported the glandular functions and organs. You can consult your physician and be advised about all the benefits of the essential oil instead of the regular medical treatments.
1. Sandalwood (santalum album) – is made from the steam distillation from the wood of Indian santalum trees. This essential oil is very beneficial in supporting the pituitary gland, hypothalamus and pineal.
2. Ylang ylang (cananga odorata) – is made from the flowers of ylang ylang – which origin from Madagascar, with a steam distillation. This essential oil can offer support to the adrenal gland and the hormone/glandular.
3. Lemongrass (cymbopogon flexuosus) – is made from lemongrass leaves which grow in India. The lemongrass essential oil is highly beneficial to the thyroid together with clove essential oil.
4. Myrrh (commiphora myrrha) – is made with steam distillation from the tree resin which grows in Ethiopia. It is very helpful for the immune system and the health of the thyroid.
5. Frankincense (boswellia frerena) – is made from boswellia tree resin with steam distillation. These trees grow in Oman. This frankincense essential oil can support the pituitary, hypothalamus and the pineal gland.
6. Geranium (pelargonium graveolens) – this essential oil comes from China, by a steam distillation of the pelargonium plant’s leaves. The adrenal, and the hormone/glandular gland are supported by this essential oil.
7. Clove (eugenia caryophyllata) – is steam distilled from the buds that grow in Madagascar. It offers incredible support of the thyroid gland.
8. Basil (ocimum basilicum) – origins from the USA and is made from basil leaves by steam distillation. This basil essential oil is highly beneficial for the pituitary, pineal, parathyroid, pancreas and the adrenal gland.
9. Rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) — is made with steam distillation from the rosemary leaves that grow in Morocco. Rosemary essential oil has the power to regulate the brain function and the glands and also support the adrenal gland.
How to use the essential oil for the thyroid gland
- Apply some mixture of myrrh essential oil with coconut oil and massage the thyroid gland every day
- Massage the adrenal glands with one drop of basil essential oil every morning.
- Make a mixture in a roller ball and massage the bottom of your feet:
- 20 drops myrrh
- 20 drops basil
- 20 drops frankincense
- 20 drops lemongrass
Put some coconut oil or jojoba oil on the top of the roller ball.
Here are some tips about using essential oils:
Put on the chosen oils and dilute them with some carrier oil in order to hinder sensitivity and for them not to evaporate, and apply them on your glands or over the reflex points on your feet.
Take an essential oil diffuser and add 5-10 drops of the essential oil of your choice, and then inhale it or you can put some on your clothes.