Shocking: Her Son Was Poisoned by This Plant! It’s Extremely Important for You to Know!

Many of us have plants in ourВ houses, because theyВ purify the air, bring positive energy and look nice. But, do you know that there are some plants which areВ dangerous for humans?

Shocking Her Son Was Poisoned by This Plant It is Extremely Important for You to Know

Dieffenbachia or known asВ Dumb Cane can kill children! The cells of this plant containsВ needle-shaped calcium oxalate crystals, called raphides. Containing ofВ proteolytic enzymes that propitiate the histamine production is the reason for toxicity, according to the experts. If a lief ofВ this plant is chewed, it will cause aВ temporary burning sensation and erythema.

It is already reported how a five years boy beganВ experiencing severe stomach pain after he wasВ playing around the house. His parent thought it was a regular stomach pain, but the pain has becomingВ even stronger. The parents took him to the hospital where the doctorsВ discovered that their son suffered a heavy poisoning.

The child was treated for more than 3 hours. The boy suffered from anaphylactic shock which requires an immediate trip to the emergency department and an injection of epinephrine. If anaphylaxis isn’t treated right away, it can lead to unconsciousness or even death.

Contact with dieffenbachiaВ can cause a unpleasant symptoms inВ children and pets, including intense numbing, oral irritation, excessive drooling, and localized swelling.In most cases, symptoms are mild, and can be successfully treated with analgesic agents, antihistamines, or medical charcoal.

Gastric evacuation or lavage is “seldom” indicated. In patients with exposure to toxic plants, 70% are children younger than 5 years.

Source:В myhealthylifeguide.net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *