Gelatin is a mixture of amino acids glycine and proline. The amino acids are important for proper skin, hair and nail growth. But also they are very important for optimal function of your immune system and weight regulation.
On the other side we have glycine which has anti-inflammatory properties. It is found that it helps to speed up the wound healing, and promotes better sleep.
Hospitals use gelatin, because the sick people can’t handle anything spicy. It is very easy for your body to digest, because it is considered as a “clear liquid” just as water, juice, or tea.
Sick people have to intake calories without causing a body distress. Jello contains calories and high content of sugar. It is easy to digest, which is very important in the process of recovery.
Benefits of Gelatin:
- Gelatin is rich in proteins.
- Promotes better sleep.
- It has ability to help the healing of allergies and intolerance.
- Improves the metabolism and helps in weight loss.
- Jello has good anti-inflammatory properties, which improves the healing process of wounds.
- It is rich in keratin, which is good for your nails, teeth, and hair.
- Improves the condition of bones, and prevent weakness and pain in joints.
Prepare homemade Gelatin
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of grape juice
- 1 cup of green tea
- Honey or stevia
- Prepare the green tea, and add some honey or stevia.
- Then, add the gelatin.
- Mix well and let it to cool down.
- Add the orange and grape juice.
- Transfer the mixture in a container.
- Put it in refrigerator for 3 hours.