The number of times you are peeing during the dayВ doesn’tВ seem like an important thing to consider, right? But, you are probably wrong! ThisВ is very important toВ determining how hydrated you are.
There are some interesting questions in addition, which are answered fromВ Dr. Neil Grafstein, assistant professor of urology at the Mount SinaiвЂ™s HospitalвЂ™s NYC.
How often should youВ pee?
There is no defined strict number ofВ times for peeing, but average it isВ at least four times a day with a maximum of seven times aВ day. But wait, don’t panic if you are peeing more then seven times a day, it’s still normal. Mainly, it depends fromВ your hydration and how you hydrate yourself.
You can pee more often if you drink too much water. Some other drinks, such as alcohol, coffee, and other bladder irritants, will alsoВ increase the number of peeing. If you haveВ sensitive bladders you haveВ the urge to pee at the slightest urge.
Can we pee too often?
If you drinkВ two liters of fluid per day and you pee more than 11 times, it couldВ mean you have a problem with pee frequency.В Too much peeing is due to anВ overactive bladder, which may be contracting more than necessary.В We can train our bladder, saysВ Dr. Grafstein.
Other Urine related Facts
- It’s ok to holdВ your pee, until it starts to hurt.
- But, you should avoid holding your pee, because it can increase the risk for bladder infections.
- If your urineВ is smelling sweetВ itВ is a sign of diabetes.
- Asparagus can cause your pee to be foul-smelling.
- Pee is 95% water.
- The normal pee color is see-through yellow.
- There are some foods which can change the color of the pee.
- The average stream of pee is about seven seconds.
- As you grow older, your urine stream becomes weaker.
- You also pee more as you age.
Tip: In order to avoidВ sleep disruption from the urge to pee, you should avoid drink fluids one hour before bed time. Also, don’t forget to pee right before you go to bed.