Amy Stinton, a British mother, warns people to think twice before kissing a baby. She shared images of her baby’s sores which were caused from herpes simplex virus.
“This is what happens 2 babies when been in contact with a coldsore. Oliver now has the herpes virus and will have this for life. Think before you kiss a baby next time,” wrote Amy on her facebook profile.
She only wants to raise people’s awareness. “I’m not trying to blame anyone, I just want to inform people. Oliver now has the virus, and will have this for life,” she added.
In Queensland, Australia, there was a story about death of a baby from herpes simplex virus. It was in November, 2014, and the mother of the baby also told the story to warn the people how serious the virus is.
The babies can easily get infected with the herpes simplex virus if they were kissed or touched by a person who has cold sores on their mouth or hands, the medical experts explain.