There are a great number of people who are not satisfied with their weight and want to lose the excessive pounds in a quick and efficient way.
Well, even though you can find many diets that are fast and are believed to provide the desired results, many of them are not always that efficient
So, don’t you think that it is great to lose weight and not be aware of it? You probably are asking yourself how this can be possible, aren’t you?
Well, all you have to do is change a few habits. Start this process of losing weight by walking more. Yes, you will be able to get rid of the excess pounds just by walking!
Let me tell you more about this and how many steps on a daily basis you need so you will be able to lose weight.
How Much Calories We Burn While Walking Depends on 2 Factors:
- Walking area
- Body Weight
To be more accurate and specific here are the numbers you need to know:
- If you walk for 1 hour, your body will burn 400 calories. You will achieve this if you walk with an average speed of 4 miles per hour.
- If you want to burn 100 calories, you need to make 2,000 steps. In other words, this is 1 mile of walking. In fact, by burning 3,500 calories you will lose 1 pound.
- Losing 1 pound a week is the best and healthiest way to lose weight. This means that you will need to burn 500 calories a day (to walk 5 miles).
This is very easy and simple, right? All you have to do is change a few habits and you will achieve your goal!
Useful Tips on How to Walk More
- Avoid using the bus every day; you can walk to your workplace or home
- Walk you kids to their school
- You can walk to the station instead of using bus or taxi
- Use the stairs instead of the usual routine to use the elevator
- It is recommended to park your car a little further than the exact destination, so you can walk
How Often Should You Walk to Lose Weight?
The first 3 days, it is recommended to walk for 15-20 minutes so you can adjust to the new routine. Once you feel ready, you can slowly increase the time to 30 or 60 minutes a day.
Many studies showed that this is an extremely effective way to lose weight. Over time, the walking will become a routine, so you will not be aware that you are effectively losing weight.
So remember to make the steps, and the numbers on the scale will change by themselves.