Lemon is very beneficial for our overall health, mainly because of the large amount of Vitamin C.
Many people have problem of eating raw lemon and they make a characteristic face, puckered lips and squinted eyes. This is the main reason why most of the people are consuming lemon with a glass of hot water.
Is lemon water good for you?
Yes, it is! You won’t make that odd face like you do when you consume raw lemon. Drinking hot water with lemon juice in the morning is incredibly refreshing, invigorating and it gives your metabolism the much needed boost.
It is great source of vitamin C. One cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187 % of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C. Also, it is very rich of potassium, magnesium and copper.
But, there is one common mistake that most people do when they consume a glass of lemon water. Did you know that the lemon peel is one of the most nutritious parts of the whole fruit?
In the morning, you probably slice the lemon, squeeze the juice into a bottle and add some hot or ice water. You are actually doing wrong.
Here is the right way how to prepare lemon water:
- Take out a couple of fresh, preferably organic lemons.
- Slice them as thin or thick as you like.
- Squeeze some of the sliced lemons into the water but not all.
- Grate some of the zest of these squeezed slices into your drink.
- Place the remaining un-squeezed slices in your blender bottle, mug, or travel cup.
- Fill to the brim with either boiling hot, or ice cold water.