Lemon is very beneficial for our overall health, mainly because of theВ large amount of Vitamin C.
Many people have problem of eating raw lemon and theyВ make a characteristic face,В puckered lips and squinted eyes. This is the main reason why most of the people are consuming lemonВ with a glass of hot water.
Is lemon water good for you?
Yes, it is! YouВ wonвЂ™t make that odd face like you do when you consume raw lemon. Drinking hot water with lemon juice in the morning is incredibly refreshing, invigorating and it gives your metabolism the much needed boost.
It isВ great source of vitamin C.В One cup ofВ fresh lemon juiceВ provides 187 % of your recommended daily intakeВ of vitamin C. Also, it is very richВ of potassium, magnesium and copper.
But, there is oneВ common mistake that most people do when they consumeВ a glass of lemon water.В Did you know that theВ lemon peel is one of the most nutritious parts of the whole fruit?
In the morning, you probablyВ slice the lemon, squeeze the juice into a bottle and add some hot or ice water. You are actually doing wrong.
Here is the right way how to prepare lemon water:
- Take out a couple of fresh, preferably organic lemons.
- Slice them as thin or thick as you like.
- Squeeze some of the sliced lemons into the water but not all.
- Grate some of the zest of these squeezed slices into your drink.
- Place the remaining un-squeezed slices in your blender bottle, mug, or travel cup.
- Fill to the brim with either boiling hot, or ice cold water.