These days the life is so dynamic andВ itвЂ™s easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed.
Stress can be really harmful to your health,В especially over longer periods of time. The stressВ weaken the immune system making you more susceptible to viruses and infections. Also increases inflammation in the body, reduces your bodyвЂ™s ability to detoxify, and can disrupt sex hormone production.В It has also been linked to causing headaches, skin conditions, high blood pressure, and heart problems.
It’s important toВ recognize the signs when you are under stress and to take action against it.
Here AreВ 6 TipsВ For How To Relieve Stress
1. Drink a glass of warm water with salt – The sea salt contains trace minerals that help calm your nervous system. Using warm water instead of cold or room temperature water is also very calming. Salt also helps reduce cortisol, the stress hormone and adrenaline. I use water a little warmer than room temperature and stir in ВЅ teaspoon of this sea saltВ and drink it. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, this is my first go to way to relieve stress. Typically, within minutes of drinking the water, I feel calmer and more relaxed.
2. Take 5 deep breaths- Sit or lie down in a quiet place, close your eyes, and slowly breathe in through your nose as you let your lower abdomen fully expand and breathe out through your mouth. Deep breathing is great way to help you relax and instantly feel calmer. It physiologically lowers your blood pressure and heart rate, reduces the production of stress hormones, and balances the oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in your blood.
3. Take a magnesium bath- Just taking a bath in warm water helps relax your body and reduce stress, but you can get added stress relief by adding either Epsom salts orВ magnesium flakes to your bath. I add about ВЅ cup to 1 cup to the bath. When added to a bath, both Epsom salts and magnesium flakes boost your bodyвЂ™s level of magnesium. The magnesium is absorbed through your skin transdermally. Magnesium is the ultimate mineral for relaxation! When youвЂ™re under stress, your magnesium gets quickly depletedВ from your body. When you have less magnesium, it can also worsen your stress symptoms causing irritability, palpitations, and anxiety. So, anytime youвЂ™re under stress, itвЂ™s important to replace your magnesium.
4. Do some light exercise- Go for a walk outside and focus your thoughts on nature. Light exercise will increase your endorphins, the feel good chemicals in brain to reduce stress and boost your mood.
5. Listen to calming musicвЂ“ Studies have found that listening to music can help reduce stress hormones and lower both your blood pressure and heart rate.
6. Laugh, even вЂњfakeвЂќ laughing helps reduce stress! Researchers found that laughing reduces cortisol, the stress hormone and also increases your dopamine, which is known as the вЂњfeel goodвЂќ chemical.