The health benefits of fruits guarantee you optimum health and a well-built body in the long run. (1)
The human body is an intricate system and hundreds of complex reactions take place in it all the time. For smooth functioning of the body, you need an ample amount of nutrients that are supplied by fruits in a natural way.
We already know that adding more fruits to your diet has extraordinary benefits. Fruits provide us with essential nutrients and vitamins including vitamin C, potassium and folate. Fruits also contain fiber, which is great for reducing heart disease and diabetes.
But aside from those benefits, they also give a lot of flavor to meals, drinks and can even jazz up our snacks. Get creative and dress up your morning yogurt with bright raspberries, or make fresh blueberry smoothies. You can even infuse your water with juicy apricots and colorful grapefruits.
Before you head over to get your hands on your fresh produce, check out this seasonal fruit chart created by Shari’s Berries and let it inspire your next cuisine! (2)
To take advantage of the full benefits of a fruit, it is best to buy when in season. When shopping for fruit, there are many things to keep in mind:
- Farmers’ markets are a great place to get to know local farms where your food is being grown.
- Getting to know the person who handles the produce at your local supermarket is great. He or she will be able to answer any questions you may have, as well as let you know what is available and what they recommend.
- As mentioned before, fruits in season not only taste better but are much easier on your wallet.
- A type of fruit can vary in season depending on the temperature of where it is grown.
- Buying organic fruits reduces the amount of pesticides and unnecessary chemicals which can be harmful to your body.