Blood pressure is the force which moves the blood through the body. If this force is too strong for long period of time, the arteries may become weaker.
The statistics shows that in U.S. almost 70 million people have high blood pressure. That means every third individual is involved. In Canada is involved every sixth.
The disease of high blood pressure is also known as hypertension. It increases the risk or stroke, heart disease, kidney failure, and artherosclerosis. So, people with hypertension should take proper care in order to prevent life-threatening illness.
Medicals can increase the risk of cancer
Some studies found that the most common used drugs for hypertension can increase the risk of developing cancer, if they are consumed for too long.
Two types of hypertension
There are two types of this disease: primary and secondary.
The primary hypertenstion tend to develop more over the years, while the secondary is associated with some conditions, such as:
- Excessive use of alcohol or drugs of any kind
- Too much salt
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Adrenal gland tumors
- Tobacco use
- Kidney problems
- Race – high blood pressure is more common in African Americans than white Americans
- There are several risk factors for high blood pressure:
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Thyroid problems
- Chronic vitamin D and/or potassium deficiency over time
- Other chronic conditions such as diabetes and kidney disease
- Certain congenital blood defects
How to manage high blood pressure
1. In order to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, the experts recommends regular consumption of fruits and vegetables.
2. You need to lower your salt intake. Instead of salt, you can include nutritional yeast and turmeric.
3. Include exercising in your lifestyle. It will be cornerstone therapy for the prevention and treatment of hypertension.
4. Avoid foods that can rise the high blood pressure, such as processed meats, alcohol, food with high sodium content and ramen noodles.
In addition we are going to show you how to prepare recipe for hypertension tea. Despite the delicious flavor, the tea provides nutrients to reduce blood pressure.
- 2 ounces red dates
- 7 ounces of organic celery
- 2 quarts water
First you need to wash well the celery and red dates. Then you should cut celery into small pieces.
Put all the ingredients in a pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the chunks and you are done.
You can drink the tea as much as you can.