People throw away banana peels after eating aВ banana, becauseВ they don’t knowВ how muchВ aВ bananaвЂ™s nutrients are found in the peel!
Banana peel containsВ as much as half of aВ bananaвЂ™s nutrients. According to someВ folks, banana peelsВ can help you inВ weight loss process.
Medium-sized banana contains:
- 12% of your daily fiber,В which helps with digestion and may helpВ lower your risk of diabetes
- 17% of your vitamin C, which is important for your immune system
- 20% of your vitamin B-6, which aids the bodyвЂ™s ability to convert food into energy
- 12% of your potassium, which helps in development of cells, tissues, and organs throughout the body
- 8% of your magnesium, which is important for the bodyвЂ™s energy productions and regulating glucose and blood pressure levels
Eating the peelВ ofВ flesh fruit gives you even more of theseВ nutrients.В TheyВ contain higher concentration of phytonutrients, which tend to make themВ taste bitter.
Folks give us some deliciousВ ways to eatВ them.
- You can cut both ends of the peel and throw it into your smoothie. Add whatever other ingredients you like.
- You can boil your peel and make banana tea!
- You use banana peel for curry instead of potatoes.
Our suggestions are:
- Wash bananas before eating, because the pesticides areВ mostly absorbed in the peels.
- In order to limit your exposure to pesticides, you should use organic bananas.
- Try different recipes and be creative with experimenting.