The first signs of aging can be noticed on the skin, it becomes less supple,В which results in dry skin, wrinkles and slower healing. The area around the eyes is firstly visible sign of aging.
In order to have a beautiful skin we should be careful what we eat. Also, we can turn into natural remediesВ such as this homemade eye cream with frankincense essential oil and shea butter.
Aging Skin Is Complicated
Skin aging is aВ highly complex biological process which is influenced by many factors, such as aВ hormone, cellular metabolism, metabolic processes and genetics as well as pollution, toxins, chemicals, light exposure and ionizing radiation, according to an article by the journal Dermato Endocrinology. These factors can make a bigВ changes in each skin layer and it will result in theВ appearance of the skin, particularly sun-exposed areas.
The aged skin which is exposed to sun causedВ reduced collagen type VII which contributes to wrinkles by weakening the bond between the dermis and epidermis. When the level of collagen is very low, skin loses it’sВ firmness and wrinkles increase and looksВ disorganized. This happens mostly in the area around the eyes.
Why Natural Remedies?
We strongly recommend you to avoid using some skin products which contains toxic chemicals and start using a homemade eye cream.
Natural oils are easily absorbed by the skin and you can keep the eyes areaВ moisturized. The nutrients and proteins in the essential oils can stimulate cell regeneration and it will reduceВ the appearance of wrinkles.
Homemade Eye Cream With FrankincenseВ & Shea Butter
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 1-ounce unrefined shea butter
- ВЅ tsp vitamin E
- 1-ounce unrefined coconut oil
- 1-ounce pure aloe vera gel
- Put all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Feel free to heat the shea butter and coconut oil in a small pan (for colder months) and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass jar once well blended.
- Apply every morning and night around the eyes.