Using tomatoes for skin care may seem a bit strange, but it is actually pretty effective. Tomatoes are a natural way for reducing the appearance of acne scars. Due to the high content of vitamin A, vitamin C, and the powerful antioxidants, tomatoes are one of the most effective natural ingredients for skin care. Moreover, tomatoes promote cell regeneration and reduce sebum on the skin. Due to the antioxidants, tomatoes rejuvenate the skin and make it smooth and healthy. The main compound in tomatoes which can treat acne scars is lycopene. The tomatoes should be used for 20 minutes a day for 12 weeks.
How to Properly Use Tomatoes for Acne Scars?
One of the best methods when it comes to using tomatoes for eliminating acne scars is to use it directly on the scar. For that purpose, you should wash a tomato and cut five slices. Then, place the tomato slices directly on the acne scars and leave it for 15 minutes. Then, remove the tomato slices and rinse your face with cold water to wash away any excess tomato juice. Finish by patting dry the face gently with a towel.
Moreover, there is another popular method to use a tomato for acne scars.
First, take a tomato and slice an X on the top of it. Then, put it under warm water for about a minute and remove the skin. Remove the seeds and mash up the rest of the tomato into a paste. Then, apply the paste on your face and leave it for around an hour. Finally, rinse it off.
- In addition to the above-mentioned methods, you should also include tomatoes in your diet, such as salads, sandwiches, and sauces.
- You should also consume organic tomato juice and tomato smoothies regularly.
- After the treatment, you should apply an oil-free moisturizer.
- Avoid rubbing the tomato slices to avoid skin irritation.
- Before starting regular topical tomato treatments, perform a patch test to be sure you’re not allergic to tomatoes.
- Leaving tomato remedies on the skin longer than recommended may cause dryness, itching, or other irritation.