Do you fear bed bugs? Maybe you think that you do not have them in the bed. But the unfortunate truth is that we all have bugs in our bed and pillows and at night we all sleep together, with these disgusting living things.
So find out how to get rid of the bed creatures.
- Find out as much as you can about the вЂenemyвЂ™.
- Adult bed bugs can grow up to half an inch. They are very similar to ticks, they are oval and brown. And they do not have wings.
- Bed bugs were known from thousands years ago.
- They are known for their ability to suck up blood from both animal and human, and they can suck up to six times more blood than their weight.
- They bite similarly like mosquitoes.
- They prefer clean places and they are only active at night.
- A lot of people are unaware of the fact that they have bed bugs in their own bed.
- Bed bugs can be transferred everywhere, like they can stick to you form furniture, hotels, public transport and other types of transport and many more.
- The good news is that you do not have to throw out the mattress, just do these simple tricks.
- Bed bugs are not dangerous to the health and they do not transmit any diseases.
These simple tricks can help you to eliminate bed bugs and to solve this problem for good.
Eliminate bed bugs from your home
It may seem unbelievable but yes, you can definitely eliminate all the bed bugs from your home. Bed bugs can survive in even the toughest conditions; they reproduce very quickly and can live even 400 days without вЂfoodвЂ™.
People usually try to get rid of these bugs with chemical extermination, but you cannot stay in a room full with chemicals. The bad news is that these bugs have become resistant to the entire chemical and keep living in your home even after it has been chemically sprayed.
This is a very common issue around the world and half the people worldwide are dealing with this type of problem.
This is the best way to eliminate the bed bugs in your home
1. Observe the problem in your home
It is very important to discover this type of problem very early and to prevent it from spreading furthermore. It is the foundation to each extermination and the sooner you do it the better. You can perform this trick using a flashlight and a mirror.
Bed bugs are miniature creatures and you cannot see them with the naked eye. And their favorite place to gather up is on the mattresses and the frames of the bed. So you can start from there.
- First thing is to check for bugs on the box springs and the mattresses of the bed. Then check under the mattress also. Examine carefully each seam and crack.
- Can you notice any feces, smudges and brown spots that are very similar like dried blood?
- Examine the crevices and cracks in the frames. Separate them if you are not afraid.
In case you find out any of these things, discover the more convenient way to get rid of the bed bugs. In case you do not notice any smudges, than you can follow only step 9.
2. Get rid of all the visible bugs
Use a sticky tape, a vacuum cleaner or a business card to eliminate the bed bugs. Choose the method you prefer and pay attention that it is effective.
3. Wash out all the вЂbed stuffвЂ™
Take out and wash all the stuff from the bed, like stuffed animals, blankets, sheets, and pillows and actually everything that is in contact with the bed. Put them into a dryer on a hot cycle to eliminate all the remaining bed bugs and eggs.
4. Freezing can help too
In case you cannot wash them you can freeze the вЂbed stuffвЂ™. Freezing temperature can also kill all the bugs as well as heat.
5. Use vacuum cleaner
Use your vacuum cleaner to vacuum the crevice of the headboard, bed frame, carpet, and mattress. It is recommended to do this on a regular basis and with the strongest suction there is. After you vacuum, throw out the vacuum bag instantly.
6. Essential oil can also be helpful
Bed bugs are repelled by the smell of orange, tea tree, and cedar essential oil. Spray the bed with a mixture of these three essential oils and some water.
7. Try Diatomaceous Earth
It is very diverse and the bed bugs do not like it. It is used also by the professional exterminators. So use it and spray the carpet in the bedroom, the mattress and the bed frame. But always carry a dust mask. After vacuum if there is an excess.
8. Remove the clutter around your beds
Besides the fact that they love clean places, they also like dirty places too. So in case you clean the clutter there will no longer be any place for them to hide. So you can also clean the spots with aforementioned methods, and the bed bugs will be gone.
9. The best cure is prevention
Here are some tips and trick to help you prevent gathering of bed bugs to your bed, especially because extermination can cost you a lot of money and time and it is also very stressful problem.
- Put bed bug вЂ“proof mattress encasements on your bed. They may be a little bit expensive but at least you will not have to worry about any bed bugs and dust mites.
- Seal all the places where the bed bugs can hide in, like headboards, bed frames, cracks, joint and use caulk or sealant.
- You can also put traps for bed bugs under the legs of the bed. It is the best and easiest way to discover and also to prevent the gathering of the bed bugs. Check the traps often and do the first step frequently.