The modern and dynamicВ lifestyle has made living easier in many ways, but also it has increased the tension, stress and anxiety.
We all have different ways of dealing with stress. Some of usВ escape to a sunny beach, some prefer a nice glass of wine, and others even do their best to ignore it.
Stress may affect ourВ health, even though you might not realize it. It can leadВ to many health problems, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
This is where pressure points become a quick and effective long-term solution. It is theВ fastest way to give stress the boot and feel refreshed and calm by focusing on a few key pressure points on our bodies.
1. The Scalp.В The Scalp has a lot of pressure points which can effectively and discretely reduce stress levels. Place you fingers behind your head at the point on your neck where it meets the skull. Apply gently pressure for 20 secondsВ with your two thumbs.
2. The Ear.В It is known as Shen Men (The Spirit Gate) and it is the best stress-relieving point in the body, according to some experts. Massage this spot with a cotton bud or even a pen, and take deep, slow breaths during the massage.
3. The Chest.В This pressure point is very effective to provide relief in anxiety and emotional misbalancing. It is located in the center of the chest. Use three fingers to massage this point. ItВ will help to calm the nervous system.
4. The Stomach.В This point helps to create movement that frees the chest and diaphragm, which improves the breathing process.В Patients who haveВ this treatment instinctively take deeper breaths and almost always report a sensation or relief.
5. The Forearm.В Inside elbow point is very effective to relieve anxiety and distress in chest. Apply pressure on inside elbow points in both arms one by one to get relief in anxiety.
6. The Palm.В This point affects the heart, liver, and pancreas. It is located on one of the most important meridians (an energy channel). The moment you press on this spot, youвЂ™ll feel your stress evaporating.
7. The Calves.В This point improvesВ energy flow, relieves fatigue and helps in increasing concentration. Apply pressure for 1 minute and move to the next point.
8. The Foot.В This point is located at the side of the inside of the foot. Pressure point on this location helps all-round nourishment and balanced circulation of energy throughout body and mind, helps in relieving the mind from worries and anxiety. In addition it also helps relieve ankle pains.