Garlic contains a chemical called allicin. “This chemical has been known for a long time for it’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal powers”, says Helen Bond, a Derbyshire-based consultant dietitian and spokeswoman for the British Dietetic Association. (1)
According to Washington State University: garlic is 100 times more effective than two popular antibiotics at fighting disease causing bacteria commonly responsible for foodborne illness.
Garlic is a popular, healthy and easily accessible superspice that keeps you fit, healthy and happy. There are many ways how to consume garlic or how to prepare a natural remedy from it. (2)
Definitely, the best and the most potent ways to consume garlic is by juicing it. Here is why:
- Helps asthma: You can control asthma attack with a mixture of a few drops of garlic juice, honey and a glass of water.
- Balances your cholesterol: Drinking garlic juice can reduce the thickening, hardening and shrinking of arteries.
- Helps coughs and sore throats: You can ease sore throats and coughs by mixing garlic juice and hot water. Also, you can add some pomegranate juice.
- Aids hair growth: Apply some garlic juice on your bald spots twice a day and leave it until it dries. You may see results within days.
- Helps insect bites: Just massage garlic juice on your bites for instant relief.
- Controls infertility: Women can control infertility by drinking a combination of few drops of garlic juice with warm milk (almond or coconut).
- Clears acne and pimples: You can get rid of acne and pimples by applying a garlic juice on your skin. You should leave it for 5 minutes before washing your face.
Prepare a Garlic Juice
- Bulb of organic garlic
- Coffee filter
- Fine mesh sieve
- Food processor
- Peel one garlic.
- Blend it into a wet paste.
- Put the garlic paste into the mesh sieve over the bowl.
- Press the paste with a spoon to allow the garlic juice to drop into the bowl.
- Filter the garlic juice with a coffee filter.
- Store it in a bottle and keep it refrigerated for future use.
How to Take a Garlic Juice
- The simplest way is to drink the pure garlic juice directly. You can add water to decrease potency works too.
- You can mix the garlic juice with some other vegetables, fruits, green juices and smoothies.
- You can also substitute whole garlic with garlic juice in your recipes.
- You can take it with soup or salad by adding a few drops of garlic juice.
- Drizzle garlic juice with some herbs onto your bread.
- Use some garlic juice when steaming, stir-frying, or baking vegetables.
Get Rid of Bad Breath
- Consume green tea.
- Chew on some parsley.
- Eat spinach.
- Consume lemon juice or a glass of lemon water.
- Eat raw apples.