Excess body fat, especially around the abdomen, significantly increases the risk of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and some types of cancer. With this being said, burning off belly fat must become the number one priority when it comes to your overall health and wellbeing.
The first steps you need to take is to remove processed foods from your diet, increase your intake of fruits, veggies, and water, and start doing physical activities more often (such as walking, cardio, or high-intensity exercises).
In addition to this, you should also include Yoga exercises in your daily routine in order to strengthen and stabilize your core. This can have a big effect on how much weight you are going to lose because your efforts to strengthen your core will simultaneously speed up your metabolism, which is a necessity if you want to get rid of that stubborn belly fat.
Moreover, many recent studies have also shown that Yoga can improve your sleep habits and your mood. Both of these benefits are very important because they strongly affect the amount of weight that you will lose (or gain) around your waist line.
However, note that Yoga is not a quick fix. There is never going to be a quick fix when it comes to reducing belly fat. As we all know, belly fat is the easiest to gain and hardest to lose. Hard work and dedication are the only things that will help you remove the fat around your abdomen.
So, make sure to continue eating healthy foods, keep the intensity of your exercising, and add the following Yoga exercises to your healthy routine at least 4 times a week.
5 Yoga Exercises to Help Reduce Belly Fat
This exercise will not only strengthen your ab muscles, but it will also help strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine.
- Lie down on your stomach with your legs stretched out and your palms placed underneath your shoulders.
- Your toes and your chin should touch the floor.
- Inhale slowly and lift your chest upward while bending backward.
- Stay in this position for 15-30 seconds.
- Exhale slowly and return to the original position.
- Repeat the exercise 5 times with a rest time of 15 seconds between each repetition.
This exercise improves body posture and firms the abdomen area.
- Stand with your feet flat, and heels slightly spread out, and the big toes of your feet in contact with each other. Keep the spine straight with hands on both sides and palms facing your body.
- Stretch your hands to the front and bring the palms close to each other.
- Inhale deeply and stretch your spine. Lift your hands up above your head and stretch as much as you can.
- Try to raise your ankles and to stand on your toes, with your eyes facing the ceiling. If you are unable to stand on your toes, you can keep your feet flat on the ground, while your eyes face the ceiling.
- Breathe normally and stay in this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Inhale deeply, and while exhaling, slowly bring your feet back to the floor. Repeat the asana 10 times, increasing the count gradually. It is recommended to relax for 10 seconds before each repetition.
Standing Forward Bend
This fantastic exercise completely compresses the abdomenВ while you bend forward, which leads to burning fat and toning the abdomen.
- Stand in the Mountain pose, with your hands on either side of the body while your feet rest together, with the heels touching each other.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Lift your hand upwards while inhaling deeply.
- While exhaling, bend forward so that your body is parallel to the floor.
- Inhale, then exhale, and bend forward completely, with your body falling away from the hips.
- You should try to touch the floor, with your palms straight on the floor, and without bending your knees. Beginners can try touching the toes or just the ankles to start with, working your way to the floor.
- Holding your breath, tuck your tummy in, and stay in this position for 60-90 seconds.
- Exhale, leave your toes and raise your body in order to return to the Mountain pose.
- It is recommended to repeat the asana 10 times with a rest time of 10 seconds in between each pose.
This exercise will strengthen your abdominal area and will help improve the functions of your digestive system.
- Lie down on your belly in the prone position with your legs stretched together, and your arms positioned on either side of the body.
- After that, bend the knees, and reach your arm to the ankles of the feet and hold.
- Raise your head and bend backward while inhaling. Then, lift your legs as much as you can.
- Stay in this position for 15-30 seconds. Breathe normally while holding the pose.
- On the exhalation, slowly bring back your body to the prone position.
- You should repeat this pose for at least 5 rounds with a rest time for 15 seconds after each repetition.
This pose will not only help burn your belly fat, but it will also strengthen your thigh, arms, and shoulders.
- Begin by positioning your hands and knees underneath your arms and shoulders.
- Tuck your toes under and step your feet back to stretch out your legs behind your body.
- Inhale and look just ahead of your palms, so that your neck and spine are aligned.
- Tighten your ab muscles and hold.
- Your body should form a straight line. Make sure that your hands are flat on the ground, and your fingers are spread apart.
- Stay in this position for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Exhale and drop to your knees.
- It is recommended to repeat this exercise five times with a rest time of 15 seconds before each repetition.
Note: You should speak with your doctor before doing any of these exercises if you are pregnant or dealing with any physical issues.