Most of us have aВ problem with their eyesВ as a consequence of modern lifestyle. We are using our eyes all the time during the dayВ to stare at small type and images on computer screens, televisions, and cell phones. Because of thatВ our eyes go bad after some time.
It becomes harder to see close objects to our face or objects further away looks blurry.В In this situations usually we need to wear glasses or contact lens. Burden of the eyes can lead toВ fatigue and an increase in age-related eye problems.
Do you know that risk of eye disease can be considerably reduced on a natural way? With this practice you can alsoВ sharpen your own vision!
Here is how:
Eat appropriate food
You should protect you eyes by includingВ visionary diet! For proper functioning theyВ require some multiple nutrients:
- Vitamins A, C, E, and minerals like copper and zinc are essential to eyesight. They canВ significantly reduce theВ eye diseases.
- Protect the macula from sun damage by taking antioxidants, including beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. You can get these natural antioxidants from dark leafy greens, egg yolks, yellow peppers, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and carrots. They have a bigВ role of protecting your eyes from oxidative and UV-rays damage. A lot ofВ research proofs show that consuming yellow and green vegetables can help prevent age-related macular generation, a leading cause of blindness.
- Protect the lens of your eyes from cataract formation by eating foods rich in sulfur, cysteine, and lecithin. For example:В garlic, onions, shallots, and capers.
- Anthocyanin-rich blueberries, grapes, and goji berries have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve your vision.
- DHA acid found in coldwater fish like wild salmon, sardines, mackerel, and cod,В provides structural support to cell membranes to boost eye health.
Exercise your eyes
There are some exercises that can help youВ to focus on an item and stare at it for a while. You should perform these exercises right after you wake up, before going to bed, or any time your eyes feel fatigued. Just clean your hands, relax and you can start. With everydayВ practice you may see better results within one month.
- Rub your palmsВ to make it heat and place them against your eyes. Hold your palms for five seconds. Repeat this three times again.
- Look up with your eyes and start to roll slowlyВ 10 times clockwise and 10 timesВ counterclockwise.
- Take a pen in your hand and focus on it. Slowly bring the pen closer to you untilВ it’s about 6 inches away from your nose andВ slowly move it back. Keep your eyes focused on the pen all the time and repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Massage your temples in small circles with yourВ thumb knuckles for 20 times in both directions. Repeat the same exercise above the mid-point of the eyebrows at the forehead, then below the eyes on both sides of the bridge of the nose.
- Put your head back, close your eyes, and relax for 3 minutes.
Give your eyes aВ rest
- You should give your eyes a fullВ rest every day. Sleep is the key for rest, repair and recovery of your eyes. Not sleeping enough may weaken your vision.
- It’s important to take break once an hour during your workday. You should take 10 minutes break forВ every 50 minutes you spent in front of computer. Just stand up, watch around through the window and change the focus of different distance objects.