Melting the stubborn abdominal fat and getting back into shape can be quite difficult task to do, no matter how much we exercise or how carefully we eat. The reason for this could be a slow metabolism as it slows down the body`s rate at which in burns calories.
You have probably noticed that when on a weight loss journey, the ability to burn calories slows down over time. This happens because as you lose weight, the metabolism slows down since the body doesn’t have as much of itself as earlier to move around and burn calories. As simple as that!
Metabolism and How It Affects Weight Loss
Even though one`s metabolic rate heavily depends on genetics, the metabolism can be accelerated with the help of simple and effective workout.
The workout regimen presented in this article is designed to increase bone mass and build muscle. The best part is that it can be completed in less than 5 minutes, which makes it ideal for anyone, including those who are pressed for time.
You should begin with one set of each move until you become comfortable enough and prepared to work up to doing 5 sets prior to moving onto the next.
1. Plank Walk Tuck Reach
- Stand with your feet together and your arms up
- Hinge at the hips and bring the hands to the floor in order to keep the legs as straight as possible
- Walk with your hands on the floor while lowering the butt. The goal is to reach a plank position!
- Then, jump the feet forwards to meet the hands
- Reverse the move, go back to the plank position, and walk your hands backwards
- Do this for half a minute (one set)
Make sure you rest for a minute between each set in order to allow the body to recover.
2. X Switch Jumps
- Begin with your feet together and then jump into a diagonal lunge. In order to perform this move, you should imagine a clock on the floor and then put the right foot at 2 o`clock and the left at 8 o`clock. Don’t let your knee go past the ankle
- Jump once again, switching the legs. This time, the left leg should be at 10 o`clock while the right at 4 o`clock
- Perform this exercise for 30 seconds with a high intensity (one set)
Again, rest for a minute between each set.
3. Bear Crawl Escape
- Begin in the plank position, keeping the wrists in line with the shoulders
- Bend the knees and place them under the hips, with the heels lifted
- Jump from side to side, making sure the heels don’t touch the floor
- Then jump back to a plank position before going back to the position in which the knees are placed under the hips
Like in the previous exercise, do this exercise with high intensity for half a minute and then rest for 30-60 seconds.
Why does it work?
The effectiveness of this workout lies in the interval training. This regimen allows you to alternate between intervals of the exercise of high intensity and this is done within a short period of time. The rest period additionally increases the metabolic rate and it helps burn more calories by boosting the metabolism.