When it comes to the health benefits of vegetables, we should definitely mention the celery! In addition of this article we are going to show you the most important benefits of it, so we believe that you will add to your regular menu.
The benefits of Celery
- Celery is rich in water and fiber, which is good combination that regulates the stool. You should avoid celery if you suffer from diarrhea.
- It’s taste is as “crunchy water”, and it is beneficial for your digestion.
- This vegetable is great for regulation of alkaline balance in the body.
- It helps to alleviate the inflammation. It is good to relieve asthma, acne, joint pains, and lung infections.
- Reduce blood pressure, due to it’s active compounds known as phthalides.
- Celery contains good salts. It contains natural and organic sodium which is good for your overall health.
- It’s ingredient known as butylphthalide helps in treatment of bad cholesterol.
- Celery stalk contains Vitamin A, which is great for your eyes health.
- It can help you in weight loss. One stalk of celery has only 10 calories.
- Celery soothes the nervous system and help you to fall asleep easily, due to it’s richness of minerals, especially magnesium, and essential oil.
- According to the research in the University of Illinois, celery inhibits the growth of cancer cells. It contains a potent flavonoid, called luteolin, which prevents pancreatic and breast cancer.
- You should use steam celery in order to preserve it’s flavor and even 99 percent of it’s nutrients.
- Prefer to buy celery stalks that engage vertical when bent, with fresh and crisp leaves.
- Consume the celery while it’s freshly chopped.
- If the celery has darker color, their flavor will be stronger.