When it comes to the health benefits of vegetables, we should definitely mention the celery! In addition of this article we are going to show you the most important benefits of it, so we believe that you willВ add to yourВ regular menu.
The benefits of Celery
- Celery is richВ in water and fiber, which is good combination thatВ regulates the stool. You should avoid celery if you suffer fromВ diarrhea.
- It’s taste isВ as “crunchy water”,В and it is beneficial for your digestion.
- This vegetable is great for regulation ofВ alkaline balance in the body.
- It helps toВ alleviate the inflammation. It is good toВ relieve asthma, acne, joint pains, and lung infections.
- Reduce blood pressure, due toВ it’sВ active compounds known as phthalides.
- Celery contains good salts. ItВ contains naturalВ andВ organic sodium which is good for yourВ overall health.
- It’s ingredient known as butylphthalide helps in treatment of badВ cholesterol.
- Celery stalk containsВ Vitamin A, which is great for your eyes health.
- It can help you in weight loss. OneВ stalk of celery has only 10 calories.
- Celery soothes the nervous system andВ help you to fall asleep easily, due toВ it’s richness ofВ minerals, especially magnesium, and essential oil.
- According to the research inВ the University of Illinois, celeryВ inhibits the growth of cancer cells. It containsВ a potent flavonoid, called luteolin, which preventsВ pancreatic and breast cancer.
- You should useВ steamВ celeryВ in order toВ preserve it’s flavor and even 99 percent of it’s nutrients.
- Prefer to buyВ celery stalks that engage vertical when bent, with freshВ andВ crisp leaves.
- Consume theВ celery while it’sВ freshly chopped.
- If the celery has darker color, their flavor will be stronger.